Father Time can be as cruel as Mother Nature, but you don’t have to just sit there and take it! You can’t stop the clock, but you can grow old gracefully by following a few anti-aging beauty tips.
Thirty-something? So what! Forty? In your face! Don’t fight getting older; just fight looking as if you are! Here’s how:
- Use cleansers with alpha hydroxy or gycolic acids in the morning to exfoliate, and use a creamy cleanser at night to moisturize.
- Choose skin care products with antioxidants like Vitamin C, green tea, and pomegranate. Bonus tip: ingredients such as kojic acid, soy, and licorice help brighten those dark under-eye circles that creep up on you as you age.
- Anti-aging cosmetics that contain peptides help increase firmness and improve elasticity.
- Keep skin soft and supple with an oil-based moisturizer containing shea butter or petrolatum.
- At bedtime, reach for a night cream with retinol and Vitamin A to help boost collagen and renew cells, both of which naturally decrease with age.
- Finally, for younger looking skin at any age, avoid excessive sun exposure, get lots of sleep, and drink plenty of water!
Let’s face it, no one can help getting older, but that doesn’t mean you have to throw in the towel. Embrace your age, no matter what it is, and follow these beauty tips for a younger looking you!
You can always ask Dr. Lisa J. Learn for a little extra help, too! Call our Lauderdale Lakes office at (954) 380-8411 to find out about facial treatments, skin care products, Botox, Juvederm, and other injections that help erase fine lines and wrinkles. Laser skin resurfacing can diminish lines, too, as well as age spots and discoloration.