Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga is the latest craze, Of course, we understand if it’s hard to find the time. When you have a hectic life, it’s tough fitting in fitness, but who says exercise and busy schedules don’t mix? Here are some tips to squeeze in a workout no matter how much time you have:
- Don’t let work get in the way of working out! Take the stairs instead of elevators, park far and walk—better yet, walk or bike to work. Use your lunch hour to take a walk or do some quick stretching exercises. If you’re stuck at a desk, work your muscles by contracting them, or trade in your chair for an exercise ball.
- Make a schedule and stick to it. If working out becomes a habit—just part of your normal routine—the more likely you are to stick to it. Try exercising in the morning before work, or regularly stop by the gym on the way home.
- Keep a journal. Recording your goals and achievements each day is a great motivator.
- Enlist some friendly competition. Exercise is easier if you’re not going at it alone. Find a friend who wants to join you, or make a competition of it.
- Get more out of your chores. Clean, do yard work, walk the dog, carry laundry—you’ll be fitting in fitness without even realizing it!
- Don’t be discouraged if you can only manage a short amount of time. Find something fast and fun and repeat it whenever you can—it’ll still make a difference in the long run!
- Stuck in traffic or a long line? Take advantage of the time by doing some breathing exercises, contracting your muscles, or perform some repetitive movements.